How to Keep Your Home Safe While Away on Vacation – Discover your dream home in Halifax today!
Your Guide to Outdoor Entertaining
July 5, 2023
Going on vacation is a great way to relax and unwind, but it can also leave your home vulnerable to break-ins. Here are some tips to help keep your home safe while you’re away:
- Double check locks on windows and doors: Before leaving, make sure all windows and doors are securely locked. This includes checking the locks on sliding glass doors and windows that may be easy to forget.
- Set lights on a timer to appear as if you’re home: A dark house can be a sign to burglars that no one is home. Set some lights on a timer so they turn on and off at different times, giving the appearance that someone is still in the house.
- Never leave spare keys on the premises: It may be convenient to leave a spare key under the doormat or in a flowerpot, but burglars know these hiding spots too. Instead, give a spare key to a trusted neighbor or friend who can check on your house while you’re away.
- Have a trusted person check on the property: Ask a friend or neighbor to keep an eye on your house while you’re away. They can collect mail, water plants, and report any suspicious activity to you or the authorities.
- Remote monitoring and movement alerts: Consider investing in a home security system with remote monitoring and movement alerts. This will allow you to keep an eye on your home from anywhere and receive notifications if any unusual activity is detected.
By following these tips, you can help ensure that your home stays safe while you’re enjoying your vacation.